Area Sales Manager - Midlands
As a result of continued expansion, an Area Sales Manager is now being sought to further build on the UK sales growth. Reporting to the UK Sales Manager you will manage the UK Midlands, South West and Wales territory. You will be expected to deliver against challenging but realistic sales targets by maximising the potential of existing channels and identifying new opportunities.
This is a key role and will appeal to someone keen on taking responsibility and making a difference. You will be instrumental in developing Astro's UK retail and wholesale business and will be expected to enhance sales, customer service and the Astro brand.
- To achieve maximum sales profitability and growth of Astro’s UK retail and wholesale customers whilst increasing account penetration within the specified territory.
- To deploy strong key account management skills to develop Astro’s customer base, roll out new initiatives and monitor ROI.
- Building customer relationships to maximise the full potential of all accounts within the specified territory.
- Implementing new point of sales schemes for Astro showroom customers, organising displays and other promotional material required.
- Demonstrating products and carrying out training as required.
- Co-ordinating the sales effort with the internal sales team and supporting other departments as required.
- Handling any customer or product issues that may occur.
- Attending exhibitions and trade shows as required.
The Area Sales Manager must be enthusiastic, confident and self-motivated and must possess the ability to quickly contribute to the Astro culture and way of working. Additionally, they must have excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable success in a similar role.
- Highly organised and capable of managing a territory of customers.
- Experience in the successful selling to electrical wholesalers / lighting retailers an advantage but not essential.
- Excellent written and spoken English - articulate, accurate and an eye for detail.
- Analytical with the ability to evaluate and refine a strategy based on outcomes.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.