Founded in 1997 by John Fearon and James Bassant, we are a leading British designer and producer of contemporary lighting for high end domestic and hospitality markets. As an established and dynamic company, our lights can be found as part of inspirational design schemes in over 90 countries worldwide. With newly established subsidiaries in both the US and Asia, there are exciting growth plans ahead.
Our creative ethos has remained consistent throughout - that good design demands simplicity. Our business ethos is similarly straightforward, being based on a passion for quality which goes far beyond technical excellence and demands the highest possible standards of customer service.
As a result of continued expansion, an Area Sales Manager is now being sought to further build on the UK sales growth. Reporting to the UK Sales Manager you will manage the UK southern territory. You will be expected to deliver against challenging but realistic sales targets by maximising the potential of existing channels and identifying new opportunities.
This is a key role and will appeal to someone keen on taking responsibility and making a difference. You will be instrumental in developing Astro's UK retail and wholesale business and will be expected to enhance sales, customer service and the Astro brand.
- To achieve maximum sales profitability and growth of Astro’s UK retail and wholesale customers whilst increasing account penetration within the specified territory.
- To deploy strong key account management skills to develop Astro’s customer base, roll out new initiatives and monitor ROI.
- Building customer relationships to maximise the full potential of all accounts within the specified territory.
- Implementing new point of sales schemes for Astro showroom customers, organising displays and other promotional material required.
- Demonstrating products and carrying out training as required.
- Co-ordinating the sales effort with the internal sales team and supporting other departments as required.
- Handling any customer or product issues that may occur.
- Attending exhibitions and trade shows as required.
The Area Sales Manager must be enthusiastic, confident and self-motivated and must possess the ability to quickly contribute to the Astro culture and way of working. Additionally, they must have excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable success in a similar role
- Highly organised and capable of managing a territory of customers.
- Experience in the successful selling to electrical wholesalers / lighting retailers an advantage but not essential
- Excellent written and spoken English - articulate, accurate and an eye for detail
- Analytical with the ability to evaluate and refine a strategy based on outcomes
- Strong Microsoft Office skills