Reporting directly to the Sales Director, the European Sales Manager will have the responsibility for developing, structuring and managing a network of Astro distributors in France, Germany, Belgium, The Netherlands, Poland, Spain, The Nordics and other territories. This exciting role will entail creating strategies to ensure that Astro's distributors fully leverage the sales opportunities that exist within the retail, wholesale and project channels. This role is European focused and thus will necessitate frequent and extensive European travel. It will involve meeting challenging targets while generating sales through the development of Astro's distributor network.
This role has real potential and will provide the opportunity to make a difference within a friendly, dynamic and forward-thinking company. The culture is energetic, entrepreneurial and highly results-driven with opportunities to make a substantial contribution to the business. It will appeal to a dynamic and culturally versatile sales leader with experience in the international distribution and specification arenas.
- Meeting and exceeding challenging sales and financial targets.
- Managing and developing the existing distributor network and continuing to establish long-term strategic partnerships across Europe.
- Implementing new strategies within the European distribution network with pace and accuracy.
- Supporting the existing distributor network with developing and improving their retail footprint by implementing the Astro retail concept where ever appropriate.
- Identifying and securing additional distributors in territories not already covered.
- Developing relationships with key architects, designers and hotel groups in growth territories to capitalise on opportunities for contract and project sales, particularly within the hospitality sectors.
- Ensuring that distributors leverage their national project pipeline potential and implement best practice in the retail, wholesale and online channels.
- Identifying opportunities for targeting and developing new customers and markets.
- Participating in exhibitions and conferences.
- Launching new products twice a year and assisting our partners in executing their country marketing plans.
- Working closely with the Astro marketing team to enhance marketing and sales materials for the sales territories.
- Assisting in the organisation of Partner conferences, training sessions and other events.
- Consistently providing accurate market feedback to identify trends, assist with product development and product pricing. Provide reports as required.
Based in the UK, candidates must demonstrate a solid track record with proven experience of generating sustainable export sales growth through distributors and other channels, ideally within the lighting sector although not compulsory. This should include evidence of consistently achieving and exceeding demanding financial targets. Cultural versatility and the ability to speak one European language or more are also essential.
- 5+ years of international sales experience, preferably acquired in the lighting industry, although not essential.
- A proven track record in generating growth through national, wholesale and retail distribution.
- An enthusiastic, self-motivated and confident personality with a flexible approach to work, a strong ability to work on their own initiative and the ability to quickly contribute to the Astro culture.
- The ability to communicate fluently in one or more European language. German or French preferred.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Frequent and extensive European travel.
- Education to degree level.