Global Financial Accountant
As a result of the continued growth within the business, a Global Financial Accountant is being sought to provide world class support for these key growth areas of the business and to bring high quality expertise to the finance team. Based at Astro HQ in Harlow, UK, and reporting to the Group Financial Controller, you will be expected to run the established overseas finance team with 3 direct reports.
This role will appeal to you if you are ambitious and looking to take on a greater level of responsibility within a finance function; you must be a team player but recognise when leadership and direction are needed. You will need to be motivated, confident, enthusiastic and well organised.
If you can tick a number of the below requirements, have relevant experience / qualifications and feel like you can add something to the team, then we would love to hear from you.
- Leading production of the monthly Management Accounts including P&L, balance sheet reconciliations, accruals and prepayments for the overseas team. Ensuring delivery to the deadlines set, and complete to a high standard.
- Working with the team to introduce and implement efficiencies in working to improve processes and team utilisation.
- Involvement in the budget process and ensuring spend is kept in line, providing detailed variance analysis on a monthly basis, to budget holders.
- Ensuring that daily internal reporting requirements are adhered to and provide improvements where appropriate.
- Assisting in report development on Astro BI tool.
- Leading the relationship with external advisors overseas as and when required, e.g. payroll bureau, VAT specialist, tax advisors, and so on.
- Liaising with External Auditors for the annual year end audits. Overall responsibility for overseas team’s preparation of the audit file.
- Preparing the statutory accounts for the overseas entities, with the support and guidance from local advisors.
- Advising on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions.
- Line managing two Managements Accountants based at the UK head office, and a Financial Accountant based in the US head office.
- Providing support by working with the Finance Management team to help develop and manage financial reporting systems.
- Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggesting improvements where needed.
- Collective responsibility for ad hoc projects that need addressing within a growing business. You will be required to work on these projects in a timely manner with the Group Financial Controller, and the wider team where applicable.
- You may be required to travel to overseas offices based in China, Singapore and USA, throughout the course of the year.
- Accountability and ownership, able to manage the day to day and think ahead
- Adept at managing others and getting the best out of individuals/teams
- Confidence in dealing with people at all levels in the organisation
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem solving
- Attention to detail, quality conscious
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Experience of managing a team
- Qualified accountant - ACCA, ACA or CIMA.
- Good Excel skills - data manipulation via SUMIF, VLOOKUP, PIVOT
- Experience of working for a global business •
- Strong interpersonal skills
- NAV ERP system skills along with JET reporting, preferable not essential