Head of Project Sales
We are poised to enter a period of considerable and sustained sales growth, which the Head of Project Sales (UK & Ireland) will play a key role in delivering. This will be achieved through managing and developing the Hospitality Development Team to support our strategic plan for the project sales channel, achieving preferred partner status with major hotel chains, working with hotel brands to secure their franchisee contact details and pipelines for new build & renovation opportunities, and accelerating pipeline growth in the UK and global markets. This challenging role will provide the opportunity to make a real difference. It will appeal to a dynamic and versatile sales leader with extensive experience in the hospitality and specification arenas.
If you can tick a number of the below requirements, have relevant experience / qualifications and feel like you can add something to the team, then we would love to hear from you.
- Define, agree and implement a project segment strategy with hospitality at its core.
- Lead the UK Hospitality Development team to ensure that company-wide objectives are met.
- Implement Key Account Management practices to accelerate sales growth within hospitality & property development accounts such as Hilton, IHG, Marriott or Berkeley homes.
- Maintain personal relationship at VP/Director level across all major hotel operators and property developers.
- Develop strategies and identify success drivers for pipeline growth and conversion rate performance at each stage of the value chain.
- Help to build and implement the right processes, tools and capabilities that positions Astro as the premium lighting partner for project business.
- Work with the Marketing team and Head of Global Projects to develop new marketing material and communications where required.
- Be the interface between specifier, project customer and contractor. Effectively manage the pricing co-ordination between all project stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Head of Global Projects, Astro’s Head of Europe Sales, GM APAC, VP Sales US and Astro’s export partners to specify and co-ordinate the successful delivery of international projects specified from or into the UK.
- Develop further relationships with designers, specifiers, architects, etc, to capitalise on opportunities for project sales.
- Participate in major meetings and trade events to develop relationships with top customers: Investors, Designers, Architects, Planners, General Contractors, and other important stakeholders in the Hospitality, Residential, Maritime and Healthcare segments.
- Meet or exceed challenging sales and financial targets.
- An enthusiastic, confident and self-motivated personality and the ability to quickly contribute to the Astro culture and way of working.
- Ability to implement new strategies quickly, efficiently and effectively - identifying pragmatic solutions and quick wins that can be developed and sustained.
- Strong analytical skills.
- A stimulating and engaging leadership style that can inspire a diverse range of personalities from a variety of cultures and backgrounds.
- Ability to build strong, long-term strategic partnerships with key customers.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel nationally on a frequent basis and internationally when required.
- Successful leadership of a specification sales team.
- Rapid, project / hospitality sales growth acquired in a fast-moving, dynamic organisation, ideally within the FF&E sector.
- Excellent working knowledge of the global project value chain.
- Working with specifiers and hotel groups, specifying, winning and delivering major projects and frame agreements.
- Leveraging an impressive professional network of specifiers across all project segments.
- Winning major national and international hotel projects involving a variety of national or international stakeholders.
- Education to degree level.
- Additional sales and marketing qualifications desirable but not essential.
- Experience in lighting desirable but not essential.