Head of Quality
Based at Astro HQ in Harlow, UK and reporting to the CEO, the Head of Quality will work alongside other Heads of Departments.
This pivotal role is essential to the successful strategic growth plans of the business. This role will require travel and periods of stay in Europe and China. You will strengthen and evolve Astro's QA programme.
- Lead and develop the quality team in the UK and China.
- Further develop and improve an effective and efficient quality management system.
- Leading, coaching and developing the company in appropriate quality management tools.
- Responsible for all internal and external non-conformances.
- Manage the internal/external supplier audit program.
- Deal directly with customers regarding high importance complaints including site visits.
- Data analysis and report writing.
- Planning in house inspection requirements for stock receipts.
- Assist in the development of in house testing methods.
- Develop and encourage a proactive approach to quality throughout the company to ensure a ‘right 1st time’ approach.
- Carry out supplier visits as required.
- Track record improving product quality, with clear evidence of achieving systematic behavioural and cultural change in an extended supply chain.
- Excellent engineering knowledge with strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of a wide variety of manufacturing techniques in both the mechanical and electrical environments.
- Experience working as a team member in a multi-disciplined environment to ensure product conformance is met within strict timescales.
- Experience in building strong relationships with Chinese contract manufacturers.
- Degree qualified or equivalent in an Engineering principle (Civil/Mechanical/Electrical)
- Strong management and communication skills.
• Knowledge of BSEN60598-1 2015 (general requirements of safety for luminaires).
• Knowledge of mechanical and electronic manufacturing.
• Working knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP).
• Working knowledge of Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
• Knowledge of measurement and aesthetics standards.
• Previous experience of implementation of ISO 9001:2015.