Based at the Astro HQ in Harlow, UK, the HR Manager is a
generalist role and will lead on all HR matters and manage a small
team providing HR admin support to deliver an efficient, proactive
and responsive HR service. The service will be built on a solid
procedural framework but applied flexibly to complement and align
with company values and culture.
As well as providing day to day operational HR support to the Astro Harlow based HQ employees, the postholder will also provide light oversight of the HR strategy to the Singapore, US, European and China offices.
- Work closely with the Chief Executive and leadership team to design and implement Strategic HR initiatives aligned with the Astro vision and culture.
- To drive, and project manage diverse company-wide HR initiatives and programmes spanning the field of HR including Recruitment & Selection, Training & Development, Performance Management, Compensation & Benefits, HR Administration, and Policy Development.
Candidates must demonstrate a solid track record with proven verifiable experience across the full breadth of HR Management including a thorough and sound knowledge of employment law and the management of employment issues.
The right candidate will also have:
- Experience in working in a senior generalist HR role with experience of leading and coaching a small team.
- An enthusiastic, confident and self-motivated personality and the ability to quickly contribute to the Astro culture and way of working.
- Ability to implement new strategies quickly, efficiently and effectively - identifying pragmatic solutions and quick wins that can be developed and sustained.
- A stimulating and engaging style able to quickly build relationships and inspire a diverse range of personalities.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills • Excellent organisations, presentation and interpersonal skills. • Ideally (but not essential) experience of handling international HR matters including Asia/Europe/US.
- Education to degree level ideally with a business-related degree.
- Chartered Member of CIPD.