Interim Group Financial Controller
Due to the current Group Financial Controller's maternity leave
due to start this spring, we are looking for a dynamic individual
to lead the finance team, reporting directly to the CFO of the
group. As the Interim Group Financial Controller, you will be based
at Astro HQ in Harlow, UK. This will be a varied and exciting role
as Astro continues to strive for continued growth and global
You will need to have proven experience within this role, including the development and training of people as well as accounting abilities. In this role you may be required to travel, although it is likely there would be no more than three trips during this contract.
You must ensure that both within your work output, and in your professional conduct, you fully reflect the Astro Core Values.
If you can tick a number of the below requirements, have relevant experience / qualifications and feel like you can add something to the team, then we would love to hear from you.
- Coaching, leading and developing the finance team, of which this role will have 5 direct reports.
- Production of monthly Board Pack and consolidated management accounts.
- Leading the annual audit and tax compliance process globally.
- Preparing and taking ownership of the group and company’s statutory accounts and corporation tax returns.
- Assisting with the preparation of the group’s annual budget and periodical reforecasts.
- Working with all areas of the business to continue to drive efficiencies through the daily processes and controls that are currently in place.
- Reviewing of all reporting documents that are produced by the finance team, e.g., external (VAT returns, etc) and internal (budgeting documents, communications, etc).
- Assisting the CFO and CEO with any projects that assist in developing the group’s strategic plan.
- To be a natural leader, yet someone who understands the value of their team.
- To be proactive and energetic doer.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- The ability to engage effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- To be fluent in the use of excel including data manipulation.
- To be preferably experienced within Microsoft NAV and JET reporting.
- Four years post qualified experience in either ACA, ACCA or CIMA.