Astro Lighting is a leading designer and producer of contemporary lighting for high end residential and hospitality markets. Established in 1997, our products are supplied to homeowners and professionals through a network of international partners. Our head office located in the UK is complimented by satellite locations in Italy, Germany, Asia, and the USA.
For 26 years, our Co-Founders John Fearon and James Bassant have been at the heart of the business, sharing a commitment to British lighting design and passion for quality and precision. Our creative ethos has remained consistent throughout - that good design demands simplicity, delivering products with technical excellence that extend far beyond their design aesthetic.
As a trusted, dynamic, and continually growing supplier, our extensive range complements every aspect of luxury living and hospitality, from bedrooms and bathrooms to living areas, corridors and exteriors and can be seen within projects across the globe.
Based at Astro HQ in Harlow, UK, and reporting to the Head of Quality, this position is key to further our quality and sustainability mission to reduce waste in all its forms generated by Astro and its suppliers. With a "Right First Time" approach running through all our activities we analyse business intelligence data and apply corrective and preventive actions as appropriate.
Learning lessons through customer feedback and research and development we can influence new designs and improve existing ones. To ensure we continually improve, you will conduct Quality audits, monitoring functions within the business and ensure we have effective and efficient business processes. Manage the development and analysis of business data related to quality to enable effective decision making inside the quality department.
If you can tick a number of the below requirements, have relevant experience / qualifications and feel like you can add something to the team, then we would love to hear from you.
- Participate in the administration of warranty claims.
- Participate in the Internal Auditing Program designed to ensure compliance with established standards to prevent or eliminate defects in new or existing products.
- Assist in the management of the Corrective / Preventative action system.
- Lead risk assessment activities related to suppliers, hardware, designs and processes.
- Recommend and write policies, procedures and standards to leverage best practices and standardised business processes across Astro.
- Assist in preparation for regulatory audits.
- Participate in the "Tool Proof Sample" process, by reviewing reports and approve as appropriate.
- Participate in the "First Product Run" process, generating reports to demonstrate compliance and conformance to engineering requirements.
- Participate in the "Pre-shipment Inspection" process, by reviewing reports and approve as appropriate.
- Raise Supplier Corrective Action Reports, liaise with the Supplier Quality Manager to resolve issues found in a timely manner.
- Degree/HNC/ONC in Engineering, or Quality related field. It is advantageous to have three plus years of related Quality Assurance experience; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Minimum two years of Quality Management System (QMS) experience with Auditor credentials is an advantage.
- DFMEA working knowledge to mitigate design risks as part of a team.
- Supplier quality management system knowledge and application.
- Knowledge and utilisation of statistical analysis tools.
- Must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills are essential for identifying and resolving problems and implementing corrective action. 5Y, 8D, Ishikawa knowledge.
- Conversant with manual inspection methods and equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and roles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills are required. The ability to effectively communicate to all audiences (i.e., peers, executives, customers, external auditors) is required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications and have a working knowledge of AutoDesk is a plus.
- Ability to travel abroad as the job requires.
- Knowledge of BS EN60598-1.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning and Production Part Approval Process.
What we offer
- 25 days holiday (rising to 26 days after 4 years and 27 days after 5 years)
- Hours 38.75 per week with 45 minutes lunch
- Astro Flex It - Flexible core hours and opportunities to work remotely
- Discretionary Annual Bonus (profit share)
- Enhanced Maternity Pay (after 2 years)
- Enhanced Paternity Pay (after 2 years)
- Mentoring Programme
- A range of wellbeing initiatives including 24/7 access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme (with plenty of on-site cycle parking)
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Staff Discount on Astro products
- Sabbatical Leave (after 5 years)
- Volunteering and fundraising opportunities, supporting local charities and schools.
- Free fresh fruit weekly
- Superb modern offices with free on-site parking