Based at Astro HQ in Harlow, UK and reporting to the Head of Quality, this is an exciting opportunity to join our growing Quality Assurance team in an essential role that will help to evolve our Quality Management System into a world class standard.
We will invest in you from day one by providing you with plenty of opportunities to develop yourself and grow your career with Astro. In return, we need you to be self-motivated, with excellent organisational skills and a "can do" mindset. You will be able to demonstrate your ability to handle multiple projects and roles, and will pride yourself on being a problem-solver with an exceptional analytical skillset. Developing strong relationships with your colleagues, customers and external partners will come naturally to you thanks to your outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
If you can tick a number of the below requirements, have relevant experience/qualifications and feel like you can add something to the team, then we would love to hear from you.
- Manage the development and analysis of statistical data and specifications to determine present standards, as well as establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy.
- Participate and lead the Internal Auditing Program designed to ensure compliance with established standards to prevent or eliminate defects in new or existing products.
- Facilitate the Specification Management System including regular audits of the system.
- Develop, implement and conduct training programs to increase Quality Assurance skills across Astro.
- Develop and lead quality assurance programs as part of continuous improvement.
- Assist in the management of the Corrective/Preventative action system.
- Lead Risk Assessment activities related to suppliers, hardware, designs and processes.
- Recommend policies, procedures and standards to leverage best practices and standardise business processes across Astro.
- Responsible for document control functions, including externally provided and internally generated.
- Administration of customer complaints.
- Assist in preparation for regulatory audits utilising required tools.
- Participate in the “First Product Run//Gold Seal” process, generating reports to demonstrate compliance and conformance to engineering requirements.
- Participate in the “Tool Proof Sample” process, by reviewing reports and approval as appropriate.
- At least 3 years' experience of Quality Assurance experience in the manufacturing industry.
- Degree/HNC/ONC in Engineering, or Quality related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Minimum two years of Quality Management System (QMS) experience with Auditor credentials.
- Supplier Quality Management system knowledge and application.
- Continuous improvement. Six Sigma green belt.
- Document Control system knowledge.
- Strong background and knowledge of applicable quality requirements, systems and process orientation.
- Knowledge and utilization of statistical analysis tools.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications and have a working knowledge of AutoDesk is a plus.
- Ability to travel abroad as the job requires.
- Knowledge of BS EN60598-1 2015.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015.
- Working knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning.
- Working knowledge of Production Part Approval Process.