Reporting to the General Manager APAC, the Regional Sales Manager will have the responsibility for developing, structuring and managing Astro's sales set-up in Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Laos & Cambodia. This exciting role will entail creating strategies to ensure that Astro leverages distribution partners and key account approach with designers, property developers and hotel operators to fully leverage the sales opportunities that exist within the retail, wholesale and project channels.
This role has real potential and will provide the opportunity to make a difference within a friendly, dynamic and forward-thinking company. The culture is energetic, entrepreneurial and highly results-driven with opportunities to make a substantial contribution to the business. It will appeal to a dynamic and culturally versatile sales leader with experience in the international distribution and specification arenas.
Based in Thailand, candidates must demonstrate a solid track record with proven experience of generating sustainable sales growth through distributors and other direct channels, ideally within the lighting sector although not compulsory. This should include evidence of consistently achieving and exceeding demanding financial targets. Cultural versatility is essential.
- Meeting and exceeding challenging sales and financial targets.
- Building and managing regional key accounts by actively building relationships with (lighting) designers, architects, developers and hotel operators.
- Creating a sustainable platform for networking.
- Managing and developing the existing distributor network/partners and continuing to establish long-term strategic partnerships across the region.
- Managing and enhancing the pipeline with the help of external tools, such as, Hi-Design & Top Hotel database, capturing them in Astro’s CRM system.
- Participating in exhibitions and conferences.
- Launching new products twice a year and assisting our partners in executing their country’s marketing plans.
- Working closely with the Astro marketing team to enhance marketing and sales materials for the sales territories.
- Assisting in the organisation of Partner conferences, training sessions and other events.
- Consistently providing accurate market feedback to identify trends, assisting with product development and product pricing. Providing reports as required.
- 3+ years of sales experience in the region, preferably acquired in the lighting industry, although not essential.
- A proven track record in generating growth and consistently achieving targets.
- An enthusiastic, self-motivated and confident personality with a flexible approach to work, a strong ability to work on their own initiative and the ability to quickly contribute to the Astro culture.
- The ability to communicate fluently in English.
- Thai and/or Vietnamese language knowledge skills preferred to add on.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Frequent and extensive travel.
- Education to degree level.