The individual will be responsible for the production of the month end management accounts for the US business and the day to day financial tasks.
Month end and day to day finance work.
In order to ensure that the month end procedure is achieved in a timely manner, you will be responsible for ensuring that certain records, registers, reconciliation are kept up to date. On a monthly basis the following tasks should be performed in order to ensure accuracy of the US numbers. The following list is an example, and not an exhaustive list:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts in the timetable set
- US Dashboard reporting
- Running of month end reports and reconciliation to nominal accounts
- Capex and maintenance of fixed asset register
- Monthly payroll and maintenance of payroll reconciliation
- Closing of month end provisions, prepayments and accruals
- Book to stock reconciliation, with full reconciliations to 3rd Party warehousing
- Reconciliation and statement calculation with regards to US commissions
- Reconciliation and maintenance of Rep targets tracker
- Weekly cashflow forecasts
As part of the role you will be the main point of contact for our advisors in the US. You will need to ensure that they adhere to all Astro deadlines set and follow the procedures and controls that have been agreed.
In addition, you will be responsible for the development of the purchase ledger clerk who sits in the US office.
Overseas travel to the US will be required when a business need is identified.
Assistance from a financial perspective in the implementation of a new ERP system, as well as support to the US team for their move into a new warehouse, schedule for next calendar year.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- SPV company management accounts
- Flash reports
- Intercompany invoicing and maintenance of matrix
There are a number of ad-hoc projects that need addressing with a growing business. You will be required to work with the GFC and your peers where applicable, on these projects in a timely manner, to help improve practises and controls within the entity, which can then be used across the group where applicable.
The US Management Accountant must have strong communication and organisational skills. They must be an energetic doer and be able to work in a team environment.
Experience working within a management accountant role, preferably as part of a Group team.
Qualified accountant, ACA/ACCA/CIMA
NAV ERP System skills along with JET reporting
Good excel skills - Data manipulation via SUMIF, VLOOKUP, PIVOT