E-Commerce Marketplace Manager
As the E-commerce Marketplace Manager you will be responsible for maintaining E-commerce relevant product data in Salsify and for creating, maintaining, and optimizing the Astro product portfolio on Amazon via vendor central. The role will work closely with the Head of E-commerce & Distribution to deliver on Astro's wider E-commerce objectives.
You should hold a minimum of four years of E-commerce experience, preferably with a PIM (Salsify or similar) for trading an Amazon 1P account and managing Amazon advertising and promotional campaigns. To thrive in this role, you'll have an analytical attitude and are comfortable working with large sets of data. You have the ability to use logic to support your plans and actions. It comes naturally to you to be organised, hands-on and resourceful. On top of this, you possess a commercial mindset and know how to reach your objectives.
If you can tick a number of the below requirements, have relevant experience / qualifications and feel like you can add something to the team, then we would love to hear from you.
- Developing and executing the global Amazon strategy which will include both short- and long-term objectives, sales metrics and overall listing’s performance. Developing reports and reporting formats to measure progress on the overall plan.
- Developing global ways of working for the Amazon go to market strategy and enabling local E-commerce colleagues to support the deployment of the global plan.
- Overseeing and planning the expansion to other Amazon platforms.
- Overseeing the day-to-day Amazon operations in the UK: maintaining product descriptions, product placement, new item posting, out of stock item removal, responding to customer service queries & reviews and case management, and ensuring functionality meets and exceeds brand expectations.
- Working together with the Product Management team to prepare data for uploading onto Amazon and other platforms.
- Ensuring a smooth interaction between Astro and Amazon in general, taking control and pro-actively supporting and improving processes between Astro (e.g., operations & finance) and Amazon.
- Creating and executing a promotional calendar.
- Continuously improving listings by finding and deploying the latest SEO insights.
- Working with the Marketing team to specify best in class digital content: copy, imagery and rich content (A+) to improve listings.
- Maintaining and own all relevant product data in our Product Information System Salsify.
- Suggesting, supporting or driving company-wide improvements to continuously improve our Amazon and e-commerce operations.
- Strong attention to detail, with excellent analytical skills and a robust commercial focus.
- Ability to translate numerical data and analytical findings into actionable recommendations.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to quickly establish and maintain positive internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- European language skills would be a benefit but are not essential, as would previous experience of working on a pan-European / international business basis.
- Education to degree level within a technical, marketing or digital based discipline.
- Experience of trading an Amazon account and managing Amazon PPC.
- Experience of working with large data sets.
- Experience with Salsify or other third-party Product Information management (PIM) system.
- Capability to interpret, extrapolate and present large amounts of data and information.
- High proficiency in MS Office applications including Excel and PowerPoint.