As a result of continued expansion, a UK & Europe Financial Accountant is now being sought to further strengthen the finance team, which serve the global business. Based at Astro HQ in Harlow, UK, and reporting to the Group Financial Controller, you will be expected to run the established European finance team with 4 direct reports.
This role will appeal to someone who strives to be the best in class and is looking to take on a greater level of responsibility within the finance function; someone who can be a team player but recognises when leadership and direction are needed. The candidate needs to be motivated, confident, enthusiastic and well organised.
- Ongoing management and development of Astro Lighting Limited’s operations teams responsible for management accounts, credit control and accounts payable.
- Oversee the month end process for Astro Lighting Limited, ensuring that both the Board Pack information and management accounts are delivered to the deadlines set.
- Work with the team to introduce and implement efficiencies in working to improve processes and team utilisation.
- Involvement in the budget process and continued tracking throughout the year, providing detailed variance analysis.
- Ensure that internal reporting requirements are adhered to and provide improvements where appropriate.
- Assist in report development on Astro BI tool.
- Liaise with external advisors as and when required, e.g. payroll bureau, VAT specialist, tax advisors and so on.
- Liaise with External Auditors for the annual year end audit. Overall responsibility for team’s preparation of the audit file.
- Preparation of the statutory accounts for all UK entities as directed by the Group Financial Controller.
- Collective responsibility for ad hoc projects that need addressing with a growing business. The individual will be required to work on these projects in a timely manner with the Group Financial Controller, and the wider team where applicable.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to manage the day to day and think ahead.
- Adept at managing others and getting the best out of individuals/teams.
- Confident in dealing with people at all levels in the organisation.
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem solving.
- Attention to detail, quality conscious.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Qualified accountant - ACCA, ACA or CIMA. Preferably an individual who has experience in practice.
- NAV ERP System skills along with JET reporting preferable.
- Good Excel skills - data manipulation via SUMIF, VLOOKUP, PIVOT.
- Experience of working for a global business.