UK Management Accountant
The UK Management Accountant will be based at Astro HQ in Harlow, UK, and report to the UK & European Financial Accountant. This role will appeal to you if you strive to be the best in class, have strong communication skills and are a team player. You will need to be motivated, confident, enthusiastic and well organised. If you can tick a number of the below requirements, have relevant experience / qualifications and feel like you can add something to the team, then we would love to hear from you.
- Keeping up to date with the day-to-day operations.
- Completing month-end accurately within the required timetable, including full P&L and balance sheet for your portfolio and the corporate overhead company.
- Understanding and providing variance analysis and commentary against historical performance and budget.
- Participating in the budget process, and actualisation each month.
- Managing cashflow and reporting.
- Providing daily reporting on sales orders and weekly reports to the Board.
- Managing various rebate and commission schemes run by the entity and quarterly discussions with sales team for updates on targets, agreements, etc.
- Maintaining and reconciliating balance sheet accounts.
- Reconciliating monthly stock valuation reports to trial balance and calculating month-end provision on a quarterly basis, to discuss current provision levels with product management.
- Reviewing the work of the credit control and purchase ledger teams, ensuring correct posting of all purchase invoices, and monitor the debtors and creditors ledgers to ensure they are up to date.
- Managing currency deals for stock purchases.
- Running quarterly VAT reports and continue to review the thresholds for EC sales and Intrastat reporting since the most recent updates due to Brexit.
- Developing and creating reports using Jet and Excel, in order to aid efficiencies as required.
- Preparing annual audit packs and assisting with auditor queries.
- Preparing other annual reports including but not limited to; PSA, P11Ds and Government surveys.
- Dealing with external partners.
- Ad hoc analysis and project work as required.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- To be able to manage the day-to-day tasks and forward plan.
- To be skilled at working with others and getting the best out of individuals / the team.
- To be confident in dealing with people at all levels within the organisation.
- To be a critical thinker, analytical and good at problem solving.
- Attention to detail, quality conscious.
- The ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Experience of working in a global business is preferable.
- Experience in payroll and pension.
- 2+ years experienced management accountant role.
- Part-qualified accountant, ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
- NAV ERP system skills along with JET reporting.
- Good Excel skills - data manipulation via SUMIF, VLOOKUP, PIVOT.
- Strong VAT experience.