Based at Astro HQ in Harlow, UK and reporting directly to the Overseas Financial Accountant and indirectly to the Group Financial Controller.
The individual will be responsible for the production of the month end management accounts for the US business and the day to day financial tasks.
Key Responsibilities (Month end and day to day finance work)
In order to ensure that the month end procedure is achieved in a timely manner, the US Management Accountant will be responsible for ensuring that certain records, registers and reconciliations are kept up to date. On a monthly basis, the following tasks should be performed in order to ensure accuracy of the US numbers. The following list is an example, but not exhaustive list:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts within the timetable set
- US Dashboard reporting
- Running of month end reports and reconciliation to nominal accounts
- Capex and maintenance of fixed asset register
- Bi-monthly payroll and maintenance of payroll reconciliation
- Closing of month end provisions, prepayments and accruals
- Reconciliation and statement calculation with regards to US commissions
- Reconciliation and maintenance of Sales Representative's target trackers
- Reconciliation of stock valuation
Other responsibilities include:
- SPV company management accounts
- Flash reports
- Intercompany invoicing and maintenance of matrix
- US Tax compliance
As part of the role, the US Management Accountant will be the main point of contact for our advisors in the US. The individual will need to ensure that they adhere to all Astro deadlines set and follow the procedures and controls that have been agreed. In addition, the US Management Accountant will be responsible for the development of the Accounts Assistant who works in the US office. Overseas travel to the US will be required as and when business need is identified.
There are a number of ad-hoc projects that need addressing with a growing business. The individual will be required to work on these projects in a timely manner with the Group Financial Controller, and the wider team where applicable, in order to help improve practices and controls within the entity, which can then be used across the group where applicable.
The US Management Accountant must have strong communication and organisational skills. They must be an energetic doer, be flexible and able to work in a team environment.
- Experience working within a management accountant role, preferably as part of a Group team.
- Newly qualified accountant, ACA/ACCA/CIMA (preference)
- NAV ERP System skills along with JET reporting preferable
- Good Excel skills - data manipulation via SUMIF, VLOOKUP, PIVOT
- Experience of working for a global business