Astro Lighting is a leading designer and producer of contemporary lighting for high end residential and hospitality markets. Established in 1997, our products are supplied to homeowners and professionals through a network of international partners. Our head office located in the UK is complimented by satellite locations in Italy, Germany, Asia, and the USA.
For 26 years, our Co-Founders John Fearon and James Bassant have been at the heart of the business, sharing a commitment to British lighting design and passion for quality and precision. Our creative ethos has remained consistent throughout - that good design demands simplicity, delivering products with technical excellence that extend far beyond their design aesthetic.
As a trusted, dynamic, and continually growing supplier, our extensive range complements every aspect of luxury living and hospitality, from bedrooms and bathrooms to living areas, corridors and exteriors and can be seen within projects across the globe.
Based at Astro HQ in Harlow, UK, and reporting to the Technical Manager, the Technical Administrator will be responsible for the maintenance and completeness of all Astro product technical files in accordance with UK, European and North American regulations.
The position will support the Rest of World (RoW), North America (NA) and China Product Development teams with creating product technical files for new products, along with data entry for new product quotations. The role will also own the Product Release Order (PRO) process, which completes the generation of new product technical files at the end of the Tool Proof Sample (TPS) stage.
If you can tick a number of the below requirements, have relevant experience / qualifications and feel like you can add something to the team, then we would love to hear from you.
Existing product technical files
- Maintain existing product technical files to ensure compliance with UK, European and North American regulations.
- Amend or update product specifications when required.
- Upload engineering data where required.
- Ensure all links and relationships to records held within Fusion Manage (Product Lifecycle Management software) are present and maintained.
- Export updated Declaration of Conformity certifications from Fusion Manage to Astro's website where needed.
New product technical files
- Assist with creating new product records that form the basis of a product technical file held in Fusion Manage, to comply with UK, European and North American regulations.
- Assist with data entry for new product specification records.
- Assist with uploading engineering data to specification records.
- Assist with data entry for new product quotations.
- Export Declaration of Conformity certifications from Fusion Manage to Astro's website.
Product Release Order
- Convert new product records from unreleased to production release within Fusion Manage.
- Ensure all information in the technical file is the latest revision or issue.
- Liaise with key stake holders to ensure related documentation and records are complete.
- Assist with administration related to the Change Order process where needed.
- Assist with answering technical phone calls to support customer service.
- Support the Head of Product Development with taking and distributing meeting minutes for key product development meetings when required.
- The role will require on occasion, and where needed, any additional administrative tasks related to the product development process, to support development / changes to product specifications.
Why does our Technical team love working at Astro?
"Astro is a wonderful place to work. Working within such a passionate, supportive and friendly team is why I love working at Astro." - Chloe Smith, Graphic Artworker
- 2+ years' experience working within an administrative role, ideally in a technical setting.
- Experience of using IT based data capture software e.g., Microsoft Navision, SAP, NetSuite, Oracle, Fusion Manage.
- Experience of Microsoft Office software.
- Must be able to work comfortably within a team environment.
- Must have a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to take ownership of projects assigned.
- Ability to give and take constructive feedback.
- Must have a professional approach to time management and delivering against and working to set deadlines.
What we offer
- 25 days holiday (rising to 26 days after 4 years and 27 days after 5 years)
- Hours 38.75 per week with 45 minutes lunch
- Astro Flex It - Core hours and opportunities to work remotely.
- Discretionary Annual Bonus (profit share)
- Enhanced Maternity Pay (after 2 years)
- Enhanced Paternity Pay (after 2 years)
- Study Support
- Mentoring Programme
- A range of wellbeing initiatives including 24/7 access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme (with plenty of onsite cycle parking)
- Staff Discount on Astro products
- Sabbatical Leave (after 5 years)
- Volunteering and fundraising opportunities, supporting local charities and schools.
- Free fresh fruit weekly
- Superb modern offices with free onsite parking